Product and Cleaning Care
When cleaning Marble you need to take into account the following:
- Use marble cleaner and polish as much as possible.
- Rub dull or etched spots with a putty powder and a damp cloth by continuously folding and re-folding the damp cloth.
- Contact us for assistance regarding surfaces that are severely damaged, etched or scratched.
- For organic stains make a poultice from white absorbent material such kitchen towel or tissues dampened mixed with 20 per cent peroxide and a few drops of ammonia. Leave the mix on the stain for 1 to 48 hours depending on the depth of stain and how long it has been there for.
- For oil stains spread surface with an absorbent fine powder such as whiting or corn starch. After a short while brush the powder to remove and reapply more powder. Let it stand for 24 hours before removing. To remove scrub with a hot, detergent solution and stiff brush or wipe with ammonia-dampened cloth. Then rinse and dry.
- For rust stains use a commercial rust stain remover. Follow the directions on the remover carefully and do not leave it for too long as it may etch the surface.
- Wipe acid spills from items such as beverages and fruit juices immediately with a wet cloth. If the surfaced has etched, polishing may be required.
- For any severe maintenance or cleaning feel free to contact us.